We first made these breakfast muffins as an easy addition to our son’s breakfast box for kindergarten. However, it soon became apparent that they are easy, tasty and filling and can be made with any combination of ingredients. Now even us adults wolf them down!
They are suitable for freezing, just ensure to thoroughly defrost before reheating in the microwave.
This recipe makes 12 breakfast muffins.
- 10 medium eggs
- 3 rashers of Geordie’s Great British Bacon, diced
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of your preference)
- Splash of milk
- Salt, pepper & paprika (sweet or hot depending on taste preference)
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Crack all eggs into a bowl, add a splash of milk and whisk vigorously.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Lightly grease a non-stick muffin tray (12).
- Ladle egg mixture to just over halfway in each mould. Be aware the mixture will rise so don’t overfill.
- Sprinkle in as much cheese and bacon as you would like per muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Pierce with skewer to ensure they are cooked through.
- Allow to cool in muffin tray, remove and ENJOY!
Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat before consumption.