Deliciously sweet peach, savoury Geordie's Bacon, juicy tomatoes and creamy mozzarella - our Peach & Bacon Caprese is a light summer starter full of surprises for your taste buds.
This recipe makes a starter for 2
- 1 ripe peach
- 2 rashers Geordie's Bacon
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- crema di balsamico, to drizzle
- Preheat a frying pan on medium high
- Quarter and destone the peach, taking care not to crush the soft flesh
- Halve the Geordie's Bacon rashers lengthwise, then wrap one strip of Geordie's Bacon around the middle of each peach quarter
- Fry the bacon-wrapped peach quarters from all sides until the bacon is fully cooked and the peach has started to brown
- In the meantime, slice the tomato and mozzarella balls and arrange on a plate.
- Once ready, add the bacon-wrapped peaches and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over some crema di balsamico and ENJOY!
Top tip: add some fresh basil leaves for an extra kick of flavour and colour. We prefer to use Geordie's Smoked Bacon, as the smokiness adds an extra level of flavour, but Unsmoked Bacon is equally as delicious.