Creamy, light yet satisfying, perfect lunch or dinner on a scorching summer day.
Pairs perfectly with a crisp white wine.
This recipe makes a main dish for 2
- 100 g Geordie's Bacon, sliced
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 ml cream
- 250 g dried pasta of your choice (we used tricolore fusilli for a splash of colour)100 g finely grated parmesan, pecorino or other hard hard cheese
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic bread to serve
1. Preheat a frying pan on medium-high and add the oil and butter.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to instructions until done.
4. While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon and chicken slices. Add the diced onion after one minute and fry until the chicken is just done. Season with salt and pepper
5. Drain the pasta and reserve three tbsp of the pasta water for later.
6. Add the cream and the reserved pasta water into the frying pan, generously season with salt, pepper, the lemon zest and a pinch of sugar and gently heat up until boiling.
7. Reduce the heat, add most of the grated parmesan and the pasta, and mix thoroughly until everything is coated evenly.
8. Before serving, sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan and some freshly ground black pepper.
9. Serve with garlic bread or a fresh side salad and ENJOY!
Top tip: add a little bit of powdered chicken stock into the sauce for an extra level of flavour!